Effective date: Oct 18, 2018
InnC LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the MyTravelog mobile application (the “Service”).
MyTravelog is designed to make life easier and less stressful.
We take your privacy as seriously as you do, and because of that we take great care to collect only the information necessary to provide you with the best possible experience.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Information we receive from you:
To do what it does, it is essential for the MyTravelog app to collect your location information. We ensure that the app notifies and obtains your permission before collecting your location data
All the information collected by the App is saved on your device only. It is not downloaded to our server or shared with any 3rd party. However, using app feature, you may choose to share, certain information collected by the app, with your contacts or through your social network.
To use certain features, you may allow the app to access your Photo Library. The app does not store or distribute any information voluntarily from your photo library. However, using the app feature, you may choose to share your photos with your contacts or through your social network.
- Using the app feature, you may choose to share your trip information and photos with your contacts or through your social network.
- The feature that allows you to share information with your contacts or through your social network is optional and is controlled by user. Again, the app does not collect your contact or social network information.
- If you are on our Facebook page, then you will see our posts to the group, and we will see yours. Just like any other open group. We still don’t collect any info at all.
- If you contact our support team, we collect the information you give us when you report a problem, contact, or communicate with us. Information we receive from others In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Usage Information
We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, time spent in the app, features you’ve been using, advertising that you click on).
- Device information
We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- Geo-location data, which is any information that indicates the geographical position of your device and which may include the time the location was recorded, and may include precise (e.g., GPS-level) location data. This data may be collected when the app is not open or actively in use.
- Information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength.
- Hardware and software information such as IP address, device type, app crashes, app version, advertising IDs (such as Google’s Advertising ID and Apple’s IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’s settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address).
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We sometimes work with third parties to deliver ads or offers. Sometimes these third parties or we do so through a mobile “SDK.” The SDK is a bit of computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable data to be collected and ads to be shown. We may use this and similar technology to deliver certain advertising through mobile applications and browsers based on data associated with your mobile device, and we may work with third parties who likewise embed their SDKs into our services, for third party advertising. If you’d like to opt-out from having ads tailored to you in this way on your mobile device, please follow the instructions below or in the app (as applicable).
- If you wish to opt out of interest-based tracking through your mobile device, you can do so through your device “settings”, as follows (but please note that the below is for informational purposes only and Apple, Google, or other device platforms may change the manner in which their “opt out” settings work at any time): Please note that if you opt out through these settings, you will continue to receive advertising after you opt-out, but it may not be tailored to your interests. For instance, that advertising may be based on your real-time or “contextual” application usage or general location inferred from IP address.
- Opting Out on iOS Devices Such as iPhones, iPads or iPods
If you have an Apple device, you can opt out of interest-based advertising by updating to iOS 6.0 or higher, and setting Limit Ad Tracking to ‘ON’. On an iPhone 6 for example, you can do this by clicking on Settings -> General -> Privacy -> Advertising and toggling “Limit Ad Tracking” to ‘ON’. Our systems are designed to respect your choice and not use your personal information to provide interest-based advertising when this setting is ON. 5. USE OF INFORMATION The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we may use your information to help keep you safe and to communicate with you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.. To improve our services and develop new ones
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new feature further to requests or feedback received from users).
- Conduct research and analysis of your behavior about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behavior). This software
may record information such as how often you use the services, what happens within the services, aggregated usage, performance data, app errors and debugging information, and where the apps were downloaded from.
• When you share your information with us via a social network provider like Facebook, we use this to show information on your social network profile (subject to your privacy setting and preferences for such social network) and to allow you to share information about our services with your connections or on your social network profile.
To serve you relevant offers and ads
• Develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness. When you are on our services, third-party ad partners may provide you with advertising based upon your interests. These companies may use technologies to collect data about users, including precise device location data, to help them tailor relevant ads and measure ads’ effectiveness. These companies may collect this data through SDKs or from users who view or interact with their advertisements. For the purposes of European law, most of these ad partners are independent controllers of your information, which means that they are responsible for providing and complying with their own policies relating to any personal information they obtain in connection with the services. It also means that if you are a Facebook app user for example – you provided consent to Facebook in your Facebook app to allow them to show you personalized ads inside of our services.
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our EULA To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service, we use your information to provide our cool features to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
6. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
7. TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Information, including Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
8. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Since our goal is to provide the best services we can to you, the main sharing of users’ information is with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services and in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
Service providers and partners
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service- related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
- These third parties may assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, marketing, advertising and security operations. These service providers may have limited access to your information. We may use your non-personal information for targeted online marketing.
- In addition, we may share aggregated information we collect, under any of the above circumstances, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other
legitimate business purposes. Please note that such aggregated information will
not include any information that allows third parties to identity you.
• We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
We may disclose your Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of InnC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability 9. SECURITY OF INFORMATION The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. CHILDREN PRIVACY
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information and be aware of your privacy rights, so here are a few key points to remember:
• Depending on your location you may have some or all of the following rights in relation to how we use your personal information:
• Access: you may request access to your personal information and receive copies of it; • Correction: you may have inaccurate/incomplete personal information corrected and updated;
• Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: you can ask us to stop using all or some of
your personal information or to limit our use of it.
• Deletion: in certain circumstances, you can request a right “to be forgotten” (this is a right to have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted). We will honor such requests unless we have to retain this information to comply with a legal obligation or unless we have an overriding interest to retain it.
• Portability: in certain circumstances, exercise the right to data portability (this is a right to obtain a transferable version of your personal information to transfer to another provider)
• Consent Management: where we rely on consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw consent at any time. You do not have to provide a reason for your withdrawal where processing is based on consent.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your information, please write to us at the address listed below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on the rights and freedoms of another person. For example, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore.
- For your protection, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
13. CONTACT US
END OF DOCUMENT